As each week passes, for many people lockdown becomes harder. It’s difficult not to see family members who don’t live in your home. For some, working from home can be challenging, as each day is another at a computer. Others will continue to worry if their jobs are secure, and ...
The latest news from Extinction Rebellion Godalming.
- XR Godalming Update 4th AugustDear Godalming Rebels, Today marks four weeks until the Emergency Rebellion. It won’t be long until we’re back on the streets together, taking part in civil disobedience and generally getting in ‘good trouble, necessary trouble’. Those words are from the US champion of civil rights John Lewis, who died only about two weeks ago. Read his obituary in our ‘Read this’ […]
- XR Godalming Update 28th JulyDear Godalming Rebels, We are now five weeks away from Rebellion, and plans and actions are coming into focus. Check out our upcoming events below, especially our special picnic event this coming Saturday (1st August, 12-4pm) where there will be a couple of Heading for Extinction talks, among other activities. Also, we have our usual meeting on Wednesday this week at 7:30pm, focusing mainly on […]
- XR Godalming Update 21st July 2020 – Return to RebellionWith just under 6 weeks to go until the Return to Rebellion, XR Godalming is busy-busy. If you’re receiving this newsletter and you haven’t connected recently via a meeting or involvement in one of the projects going on, then you’ll probably be hearing soon from someone in the group who’s volunteered to help us count heads and get ourselves organised. […]
- XR Godalming Update 13th July – Getting Ready To Rebel For LifeWe have an XR Godalming meeting this Wednesday 15th July at 7.30. All welcome. This replaces the planned showing of the ‘2040’ film which will be rescheduled. We’re going to use Wednesday’s meeting to start getting prepared for the coming rebellion including how we prioritise our energies and resources and organise as effectively as possible. This will include ensuring that we incorporate […]
- XR Godalming Update 6th July 2020 – “We Want To Live”Many people will have seen already the news that Extinction Rebellion is planning a new period of major action beginning on AUGUST 28th and culminating in EARLY SEPTEMBER. The plan is to start aligned actions in the regions on August 28th and actions in London from September 1st. For the London actions our southeast region will be operating together with […]
Another week has passed and we are still in lockdown. While the situation has eased a little, government guidance has caused confusion. The stay alert message is unclear. Rather perversely, you can’t visit a relative in their home, but you can go into someone’s house if you want to buy ...
Every other week, Matt writes an article which is published in the Farnham Herald. The coordination group thought XRgodalming rebels would be interested to read it, as most of us probably don’t read that paper. In light of Sunday’s announcement of a slight easing of lockdown restrictions that essentially leaves us locked ...
Another week, another seven days in lockdown. Hopefully everyone is healthy, and their families and friends doing OK. As always, we need to pause to think of those who are negatively affected by the coronavirus crisis. As a community, we should continue to do what we can to support each ...